People often ask me (among other things) “Why is your screen resolution so loooow (1024×768)? How can you work like that!”
Well, here are the reasons:
- It takes less time to move the mouse pointer across the screen which speeds up my productivety immensely.
- Using multi-touch means that I don’t need to clutter my screen space with space consuming icons and menus.
- I can move my monitor 1 meter away from my face (recommended distance) and still read the text on the screen.
- My colleagues can see and read what is on my screen making communication on projects easier.
- “With higher resolutions comes smaller text” which puts more strain on your eyes and can also lead to headaches.
- I like to be different okaaaay?
Going to make an effort to add some Arnold render WIP’s and general info during 2014. Lets see how long this New Years Resolution lasts…